2018년 7월 11일 수요일

180711 Grace and Frankie 시즌 1 7화 표현 정리

foist 몰래 써넣다 떠맡기다 속여서 팔다 to force another
Sol: I'm sure he'll be happy I'm foisting it on somebody else

pultaceous 부드러운, 콩 삶은 것 같은
Sol: My schedule is completely pultaceous.

straddle -에 걸쳐 있다
Guy: I was straddling this improvised hygiene pit and I suddenly thought, you know, I've never seen Breaking Bad.

straddle the fence 확실한 태도를 취하지 않다
aloof 냉담한, 초연한

Hat : 일, 직업, 직무, 뇌물
속담: Hang up (one's) hat 
To retire or cease working or performing some task or duty that one has done for a long time.
Guy: I'm thinking about hanging up my hat. Maybe I'll stay here.
Grace: You? You've never stayed in one place longer than five minutes.

Put it 말하다
Guy: I guess he's on an adventure of his own, isn't he.
Grace: Well, that's an interesting way to put it.

sesquipedalian : 긴 단어. 긴 단어를 쓰기 좋아하는, 단어 표현이 매우 긴
bibulous 술에 빠지는, 술을 좋아하는 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기